At the moment I know that if I get 1000 visitors per day, then I’ll get around about 3 leads per day. So…this means that if I’m able to drive 3,000 visitors per day to the website then I’m able to get approximately 10 leads per day.
If I am able to convert at 10% then this means that every 200 potential clients will convert into 20 clients.
Knowing this information allows me to look at the parts of the business that will allow me to improve and make more money.
There is a wide range of marketing research reports that document the growth and opportunities in local search. Below is a short summary:
• 97% of American internet users use the internet to shop of which 57% characterize their behavior as shop online, purchase offline (NPD Group)
• 90% of online commercial searches result in offline bricks and mortar purchases (proprietary research / comScore)
• 82% of local searchers follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase (TMP / comScore)
• 80% of budgets are spent within 50 miles of the home (DMA / proprietary)
• 74% of internet users perform local searches (Kelsey Group)
• 73% of online activity is related to local content (Google)
• 66% of Americans use online local search, like Google local search
• 61% of local searches result in purchases (TMP / comScore)
• 54% of Americans have substituted the internet and local search for phone books (comScore networks)
• 35% of all searches are local (DM News)
• 25% of internet searches have a purely local, commercial focus (Kelsey-Bizrate)
As you can see there is a lot of potential with on and offline marketing to drive thousands if not millions of daily visitors to our websites.